Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This is my latest apron creation...love it!!! It is a gardening apron. I don't know if you can see it or not, but it even has two loops, one on each side at the waist. I also purchased this nifty presser foot, a hemmer foot. This one is 2mm so it turns the fabric twice as you sew creating a super small little hem, perfect for the side ties. It does take some practice to use, but once you get the hang of it, it is wonderful! I plan to look for the 4mm one and get it as well, which will give me about a quarter hem without having to iron at all, saving a step. Who wouldn't love that?
I loved this fabric so much, I made one for my sister as well. As I was sewing, I kept thinking of people who I could make it for, but decided I can't sew for EVERYone! So, to all you sewing people out there, get busy! :)
Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. love it! I'm on the lookout for a hemmer/presser foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a Singer, Bekah, I believe you can pick one up at Joanne's, but they don't allow you to use a coupon on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, am I the sister who gets one?? I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete